Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Survey #2 -- The Crazy Jewelry Van

I was driving to lunch today (from work in Cupertino to the Panda Express in El Paseo) and as I was driving through the maze of streets that is the Apple complex, a strange van pulled out from the curb, then slowed, then sped up, then stopped. So I slowly accelerated to go past it... only to have it pull out quickly and cross into the lane in front of me, cutting me off! I saw on the back of the van that there was a sign requesting feedback about the van's driving.

Hooray!!

I ended up following the van to the red light so I was able to see the phone number and the van's ID number (022WA). Since I couldn't call while driving, I locked that number away in my brain so I could call later. As I was heading to the freeway, the van sped ahead (maybe 15 or 20 miles over the 40mph speed limit), swerving through multiple lanes without using a turn signal. It was really just weird.

When I parked at El Paseo, I called the number (1888-550-SAFE) to report about him, but turns out it was a LIVE Operator!! I was thinking I could use a 1 to 5 scale to rate that driver as AWFUL, but instead I got to tell the whole story to the woman on the other end of the phone. I don't know if it still counts as a survey then, but I did call because I was asked for my opinion... so it counts! Hah!


It's still not 2012 though...


Sarah Kane
Driver Reporting Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment