Friday, March 16, 2012

The Beauty of Being Home

 I love being home because I get to hang out with my family (who are awesome) and my friends from HS (who are also awesome), but mostly I love being home because I end up out of the house more often than I end up inside of it. And that means that I'm out of the house buying things, which isn't typically something that makes me happy (especially with my W2s on the kitchen counter showing me how much money I earned last year and how little of it I have left), but I do have a new batch of receipts which can only mean one thing: more surveys!!

I did fill out a survey for the Dollar General receipt that I found in my wallet (I had to buy garbage bags to clean out my car before I left campus), and Subway has graciously given me another free cookie coupon for filling out their survey (irony in this case is that I went to Subway and bought Amanda a cookie for her birthday and a gift card that equals the price of two cookies, and now I have been given a FREE cookie -- Subway = best ever).

But since being home I've been to Jack in the Box and to Panda Express -- and I had two surveys to complete! Off to talktojackinthebox.com to see what I can win :) Well, apparently I've been entered into a drawing for 1 of 10 $100 Jack Cash Cards or I could win $10,000 !!!! (hopefully not in "Jack Cash" because that would be a lot of Jack in the Box... then again, I do love Jack in the Box...) They will contact me by phone (so I'll keep you posted).

Panda Express has a sort of Subway-type mentality with their surveys. Fill out a survey, and you get a free entree with the order of a two entree plate :) Now, for those of you who have never been to Panda Express, you must understand that their portion sizes are RIDICULOUSLY huge and so an extra entree beyond two entrees seems a bit excessive... unless, however, you are out to lunch with your sister and you are trying to figure out how you can all get the foods you want without paying extra (lunch for me and Audrey today came to about $18 so you can understand the desire to pay less), then this is a major windfall :) So it seems that before the week is out (I go back to school on Thursday morning) that Audrey and I will be returning to Panda Express -- or at least, she will be returning to Panda Express at sometime in the near future to get her FREE EXTRA ENTREE (with purchase of a two entree plate :P )

Then, when I logged onto my computer to take these surveys, what should I find but this:
Potential winnings? Nothing :( BUT -- apparently they know that I'm game for a survey wherever, whenever... Uh oh, I just realized that with the elections coming up I may be getting more than I bargained for with the whole taking surveys thing -- does this compel me to vote in the primaries? Hmmm we shall see...



Surveys: 30

Winnings: THREE free cookies from Subway, a free entree at Panda Express, $10 off at Old Navy, free donuts from Dunkin Donuts, and an expired coupon for Victoria's Secret!

ps- Subway = the best at rewarding survey-taking... even when this year is over, I think I will be going back for free cookies :P

No comments:

Post a Comment